Hi,


On Fri, Sep 25, 2026 at 1:16 AM Kurt Miller <[email protected]>
wrote:

> On Sep 23, 2026, at 3:19 PM, Sebastian Reitenbach <
> [email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > my /usr/local/share/java looks alike:
> >
> > total 5344
> > drwxr-xr-x    8 root  wheel      512 Sep 22 16:58 .
> > drwxr-xr-x  246 root  wheel     4608 Sep 22 16:58 ..
> > drwxr-xr-x   10 root  wheel      512 Sep 15 13:43 ghidra
> > drwxr-xr-x    5 root  wheel      512 Sep 15 14:59 gradle
> > drwxr-xr-x    2 root  wheel      512 Sep 15 14:59 opencv4
> > drwxr-xr-x    2 root  wheel     1024 Sep 22 16:51 openjfx
> > drwxr-xr-x    2 root  wheel      512 Sep 15 21:28 sevenzipjbinding
> > -rw-r--r--    1 root  bin    2543583 Sep 22 16:57 sleuthkit-4.15.0.jar
> > -rw-r--r--    1 root  bin     142214 Sep 22 16:57
> sleuthkit-caseuco-4.15.0.jar
> > drwxr-xr-x    2 root  wheel      512 Sep 18 21:45 sqlite-jdbc
> >
> >
> > because of examples of ghidra, gradle, opencv4, I did create port
> dependent subdirs, i.e. openjfx, sevenzipjbinding, sqlite-jdbc.
> > Sleuthkit is a bit alienating, but that was where it ended up by
> default, probably should move it into a sleuthkit subdir as well.
> >
> >
> > Your sqlite-jdbc, puts it into the more general
> /usr/local/share/java/classes.
> > Don't know what's the "standard", but I my gut likes the independent
> subdirectories by port, but I could also update all my new ports, to store
> jars in /usr/local/share/java/classes like sqlite-jdbc does.
> >
> > Any objection to rename it to sqlite-jdbc?
>
> Yes, the convention on OpenBSD for jar’s like this is to install
> it in MODJAVA_JAR_DIR unversioned. See jna, protobuf-java,
> tanukiwrapper, etc.
>
> >
> > Also your version seems to be newer, that the one I picked from the
> dependencies off of sleuthkit.
> >
> > In any case, it fails to build:
>
> I have updated it to the latest version, fixed the build errors
> and rerolled the maven dependancies. See attached v2.
>
> I have tested this on aarch64/amd64/i386/sparc64 they all report:
>
> [INFO] Tests run: 465, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 8
>
> > But then in autopsy, there's the version hardcoded many times:
>
> You can patch all those places to the unversion jar or copy the
> unversioned jar into the version that it expects in a post-extract
> makefile target. If the api is stable this will work, if not you
> will need to update to the new api with patches. I would try the
> copy approach to reduce the set of patches you need to maintain
> first.
>
> > With the build.xml It's basically injecting the sqlite-jdbc.jar into the
> autopsy.jar. And the other xml files are there to tell autopsy, where to
> find it (If I understand correctly)
> > I've no idea, if there would be a switch to tell it to not embed
> sqlite-jdbc.jar (maybe patch the Core/build.xml to stop copying in the
> first place?) and rather to include
> > the sqlite-jdbc.jar that's available via the port?
>
> You can allow it to embed the sqlite-jdbc.jar into autopsy.jar. The
> java ecosystem does not conform with BSD build practices and forcing
> it to will spiral into a set of patches you may not want to maintain.
>


that indeed seems to be the way of least resistant. Embedded into sleuthkit
and autopsy that way worked.


The only thing I wonder: you install in /usr/local/share/java/classes,
whereas there are other ports, that install
in /usr/local/share/java/<portname>, i.e. opencv4.
For openjfx and sevenzipjbinding, I chose the <PORTNAME> subdirectory, but
could put them into classes as well.
For autopsy then I have this in the config file:
-J-Djava.library.path=/usr/local/lib/sevenzipjbinding:/usr/local/share/java/opencv4:/usr/local/lib

with everything in classes, it would make it shorter here, but I don't
know, would it pick up stuff it won't need?

cheers,
Sebastian


>
> Best,
> -Kurt
>
>
>
>
>

-- 
https://buzzdeee.reitenba.ch

Reply via email to