On Sep 23, 2026, at 3:19 PM, Sebastian Reitenbach 
<[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 
> my /usr/local/share/java looks alike:
> 
> total 5344
> drwxr-xr-x    8 root  wheel      512 Sep 22 16:58 .
> drwxr-xr-x  246 root  wheel     4608 Sep 22 16:58 ..
> drwxr-xr-x   10 root  wheel      512 Sep 15 13:43 ghidra
> drwxr-xr-x    5 root  wheel      512 Sep 15 14:59 gradle
> drwxr-xr-x    2 root  wheel      512 Sep 15 14:59 opencv4
> drwxr-xr-x    2 root  wheel     1024 Sep 22 16:51 openjfx
> drwxr-xr-x    2 root  wheel      512 Sep 15 21:28 sevenzipjbinding
> -rw-r--r--    1 root  bin    2543583 Sep 22 16:57 sleuthkit-4.15.0.jar
> -rw-r--r--    1 root  bin     142214 Sep 22 16:57 sleuthkit-caseuco-4.15.0.jar
> drwxr-xr-x    2 root  wheel      512 Sep 18 21:45 sqlite-jdbc
> 
> 
> because of examples of ghidra, gradle, opencv4, I did create port dependent 
> subdirs, i.e. openjfx, sevenzipjbinding, sqlite-jdbc.
> Sleuthkit is a bit alienating, but that was where it ended up by default, 
> probably should move it into a sleuthkit subdir as well.
> 
> 
> Your sqlite-jdbc, puts it into the more general /usr/local/share/java/classes.
> Don't know what's the "standard", but I my gut likes the independent 
> subdirectories by port, but I could also update all my new ports, to store 
> jars in /usr/local/share/java/classes like sqlite-jdbc does. 
> 
> Any objection to rename it to sqlite-jdbc?

Yes, the convention on OpenBSD for jar’s like this is to install
it in MODJAVA_JAR_DIR unversioned. See jna, protobuf-java,
tanukiwrapper, etc.

> 
> Also your version seems to be newer, that the one I picked from the 
> dependencies off of sleuthkit.
> 
> In any case, it fails to build:

I have updated it to the latest version, fixed the build errors
and rerolled the maven dependancies. See attached v2.

I have tested this on aarch64/amd64/i386/sparc64 they all report:

[INFO] Tests run: 465, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 8

> But then in autopsy, there's the version hardcoded many times:

You can patch all those places to the unversion jar or copy the
unversioned jar into the version that it expects in a post-extract
makefile target. If the api is stable this will work, if not you
will need to update to the new api with patches. I would try the
copy approach to reduce the set of patches you need to maintain
first.

> With the build.xml It's basically injecting the sqlite-jdbc.jar into the 
> autopsy.jar. And the other xml files are there to tell autopsy, where to find 
> it (If I understand correctly)
> I've no idea, if there would be a switch to tell it to not embed 
> sqlite-jdbc.jar (maybe patch the Core/build.xml to stop copying in the first 
> place?) and rather to include 
> the sqlite-jdbc.jar that's available via the port?

You can allow it to embed the sqlite-jdbc.jar into autopsy.jar. The
java ecosystem does not conform with BSD build practices and forcing
it to will spiral into a set of patches you may not want to maintain.

Best,
-Kurt

Attachment: sqlite-jdbc_v2.tgz
Description: Binary data



Reply via email to