On Tue, January 30, 2024 3:25 pm, Bruce Jagid wrote:
>> I'm also not a OS dev
>> cannot the OS do some testing/benchmarking >to get a grasp on what the
> limit
>> could be? YOU are the OS in your example, and you >would know the limit when
>> you
> would do
>> curls slower and maybe you would get more >and more pain.. and crash in your
>> example would be your >muscle being in such pain you
> wouldn't
>> be able to do anything with your >arm/whatever
>
> So your body automatically benchmarks how many bicep curls you can do in an
> hour without you having to think about it? You use your body to measure the
> bicep curls it can do, it doesn’t automatically do that. You can use your OS
> to perform the benchmark, but to expect the OS to designate resources
> automatically to benchmark itself is equal portions naïve and obtuse. You have
> a very specific use-case, you should do the work to find your answer.

it can know limit more-less, yes, based on earlier curls

maybe not automatically, but having a utility that does this for you and you
can run it once after each hardare change to find out, but I am not sure you
say it depends on use-case, I do not understand what you mean

if you read my earlier replies, you would find out that I said I already tried
searching online for like 1 hour, there is some sort of crazy formula one dude
did a lot of math, snipets from code, is that what you mean?
because what you say sound like there are multiple types of FDs, maybe network
FDs and normal FDs?

- best regards