On 2007-11-16, Stuart Henderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The version in tree is before the license change; the additional
> restrictions on the newer code are a problem.

They are not a problem for reasonable distributors that care to pay
a bit of respect towards the author's time and work. Of course, reason,
literacy, and respect towards authors and persoanl choice are something
seldom seen among the FOSS herd, rather replacing them with blind ideology
and monocultures. It is a popular myth that you have to provide the new
release within 28 days, and although I encourage that, it is not true
and what the license says. Alternatively, you must after those 28 days
prominently notify the user installing the software that the release
is likely to be antiquated, not representative of the project's present
state, and the author will not provide support for it. Not much asked,
in my opinion. You could even base this notification on a dead-man
switch, which would be quite nice even generally, considering package
maintainers often going MIA.

--
Tuomo