On 2007-11-16 12:25 -0600, Marco Peereboom wrote:
> You knew that when you distributed the original under its original
> license.  If you didn't that is your fault.  Don't blame me for using
> free software under a relatively well understood license.

No, I just didn't think back then about the license so much; I did
not realise what kind of dickheads and fuckwits the FOSS herd is
composed of. Call me naive if you want. But as the project started
to gain popularity, you get a lot of people complaining and asking
help for ancient versions distributed by the distributions that also
have in the meanwhile become more powerful, and gained more central
control over conveniently installable software. And at the same time
FOSS detoriorates by forcing the anti-aliasing fascist fontconfig/Xft
nearly everywhere, and now the herd modifies the version of Ion their
distros carry to use that crap, which I will have nothing to do with
until my demands [1] are met.

When I first started out on Ion, I had hope in FOSS. All that has
been lost now. Most people are dickheads and fuckwits everywhere,
no matter their proclaimed ideals of so-called "freedom". FOSS
licenses are only for naive people and those who go with the
herd. As should be apparent, I don't.

  [1]: http://iki.fi/tuomov/ion/faq/entries/Blurred_fonts.html

--
Tuomo