> I know some people who are "just" using konqueror from kde3 for quick
> browsing on simple sites. I'm not kidding. It's still a very fast all-purpose
> browser.

I've recently switched back to konqueror as file manager on any system
with kde because Dolphin has removed the find files option and the
inbuilt find dialog is impotent. It may be handy for a quick search but
that's no reason to remove the handy link to the more powerful find
files (kfind) under tools. This reminds me of Gnome removing features
without enough thought/peer review and worries me. I already used
konqueror for it's great filesize view plugin so just switched that to
default file manager, rather than create an action.

Does anyone know if Konqueror 4 can be built statically. I'd love to
use it on all my desktops instead of nautilus and thunar, without
pulling in the whole of KDE?

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)