On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 23:15:31 +0300
Vadim Zhukov wrote:

> >> I know some people who are "just" using konqueror from kde3 for quick
> >> browsing on simple sites. I'm not kidding. It's still a very fast
> >> all-purpose
> >> browser.

> > Does anyone know if Konqueror 4 can be built statically. I'd love to
> > use it on all my desktops instead of nautilus and thunar, without
> > pulling in the whole of KDE?
>
> It's part of kde-baseapps package, which depends on (either directly or not):

Came across this but from 2006 and expect it's still the case. I
guess the mentioned minimalist konqueror embedded may be useful to
those who just want the browser but as it's minimalist won't have the
other profiles and file management code.

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kfm-devel&m=114138619802527&w=2

http://www.konqueror.org/embedded/