On 2016/01/15 12:11, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> If people are interested in looking at adding pledge to other ports,
> I have a little list of other ports where it might be both a) useful
> and b) reasonably sane.

Since there was some interest off-list, here's my current list - there
are varying levels of difficulty.

Note that this is a personal list, I haven't talked to maintainers of
the various ports about their thoughts on this and in some cases they'll
have better information than me about the sanity level and whether it's
likely to cause big problems at update, so anyone thinking at looking
at these, please do communicate with maintainers.

Also note it would be best to gain experience with simpler programs
before attempting anything complex (for software with lots of options,
it's difficult to get decent test coverage).

archivers/p7zip
archivers/xz (see cvs log for the previous failed experiment)
mail/mutt
misc/memcached
net/arp-scan
net/avahi
net/bwm-ng or some other bandwidth monitor
net/curl
net/cvsync
net/ladvd and/or net/lldpd
net/mosh
net/ngrep
net/openvpn
net/rsync (N.B. setsockopt)
net/scamper
net/tcptraceroute (or even better, TCP support in traceroute(1) instead;
  I have a start at a diff but never got checksums to work properly)
net/wireshark (dumpcap should be fairly easy as it uses libcap on linux.
  main program would be nicer as this runs the dangerous dissectors).
print/cups
security/clamav
textproc/mupdf
textproc/xpdf  (maybe other pdf viewers - zathura etc)
www/lynx
www/nginx  (at least until they add dlopen module support..)
x11/dbus
x11/rxvt-unicode