On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 02:38:47PM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> As far as I'm aware it doesn't do network access itself or execute other
> programs, and even a pledge that only prevents those things is very
> meaningful.
>
> If you have chance to try that would be great - please do post if you
> run into problems or have any questions.

Thank you for the offer of assistance, Stuart.

I've begun looking into it.  Reading kdump output from a test is far,
far easier than reading the actual code.  :)

I'm sorting the syscalls used in the 7za test now.  Once classified into
promise groups, I'll see if I can add pledge to it.

This is an easier task than trying to figure out why gdb(1) gives me
random values whenever I ask for the structure referenced  by a pointer
that points outside of the process map in a .core file.  Which is what
I was doing for 4 hours last evening.  I'm slow.  I spent 3.75 of those
hours trying to figure out what was wrong with the .core file, before
discovering egdb didn't have the problem.  :)