> Edd Barrett <e...@theunixzoo.co.uk> hat am 14. März 2017 um 22:53 geschrieben:
>

> Hi Nils,
>
> On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 10:06:32AM +0100, Nils Reuße wrote:
> > From what i've learned reading about the texlive release process [2],
> > the ctan for texlive 2016 will be in a freeze period soon (staring 1st
> > of april)
>
> I've just had a prod around in the tlnet-final from 2015. Here's the
> lowdown. Sorry for the long mail.
>
> The frozen final versions have a tlpdb file, which is good, as that's
> what I use to generate the packing lists. What they don't have is a
> tarball containing the corresponding texmf and sources. We would have to
> roll our own out of svn, and then we would have to host the (large)
> files somewhere.
>
> I had a look to see how much changes from the release texlive 2015 to
> the final frozen one:
>
> $ gdiff -u texlive2015.tlpdb texlive-final.tlpdb | wc -l
>   342965
>
> So it's no small change, otherwise I could roll up the packages that had
> changed, download those as extra distfiles, and patch the release tlpdb.
>
> Assuming we could find hosting, I'm not sure I can face the prospect of
> porting texlive 2016-final followed by 2017 only a couple of months
> later ;)
>
> What you could try is, on a linux distro (or by building by hand on
> OpenBSD), install texlive 2016, then update only those packages that
> you said were busted by putting new versions in the ~/.texmf and
> see if it works. If it does, I could probably work those in.
>
> But I do wonder, since I'm hoping texlive 2016 will be fairly short
> lived in-tree (in favor of the almost released texlive 2017 coming in
> June), and since there is a working (albeit annoying) workaround, maybe
> the best thing to do is to mention the workaround in our 2016 package
> README and hold tight for texlive 2017.
>
> What do you think?
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Edd Barrett
>
> http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk

Hi Edd,

thanks for looking into this.  Personally, i can get around with the
workarounds, and with texlive 2017 arriving somewhat soon, these issues should
all be gone, or at least be as present as in the frozen texlive 2016
texmf-latest.  But many thanks for checking up on my idea, seems like this is
feasible only when using the texlive installer/package manager.

Adding a small note to the README would be great, i think it will be enough to
mention that one should add '\RequirePackage{luatex85}' at the very first line
of a file when encountering an error using lualatex with texlive 2016.

On a somewhat related note: i posted an update for textproc/latexmk, but did
not receive any comment.  So, as you definitely are the latex guy around, could
you maybe have a look into that port as well? ;)

Thanks again and best regards
Nils