On Sun, October 22, 2017 10:42 pm, Brian Callahan wrote:

> I didn't really know how to go about talking it out, so here's a new
> tarball with the complete port with my fixes. I'm compiling the no_x11
> FLAVOR now. The SDL2 version didn't work for me (it launched a windows
> but then had to be kill -9'd), but it's impossible for me to tell if it
> is indeed broken or if it is my super old and shitty netbook that just
> refuses to play nicely with it.
>
> ~Brian

I'll talk then. :)  I don't see any problems with your fixes, but I have
questions and want to understand them.  Thanks for taking the time to
review.

> BUILD_DEPENDS=          devel/astyle \

I saw your comments in the update to astyle.  I had ignored astyle because
I didn't think it was important for the port to care about upstream style
conformity.  I don't know that it'll ever be an issue as upstream does
'experimental' builds off master for linux, windows and OSX so I think
style issues will be caught.  But since we're building from development
source, would we want a style issue to fail the build and stop an update
to the port?

> MAKE_FLAGS= ...  CXX="${CXX}"
>
> pre-configure:
>        sed -i -e 's,-Os,${CXXFLAGS},g'
>  -e 's,$${LOCALBASE},${LOCALBASE},g' \
>                -e 's,-Werror,,g' ${WRKSRC}/Makefile

I'm guessing defining CXX, replacing '-Os' and removing '-Werror' are to
allow the pkg tools to control the build flags.  Or something more
specific about -O and -W?

Substituting LOCALBASE here I'm lost on.  I don't see where that was
targeting in the Makefile.  Anyway, why wouldn't it get substituted when
make was run?

Tim.