On 2017/10/24 20:44, trondd wrote:
> Brian Callahan <bcal...@devio.us> wrote:
>

> > The build moves on even if astyle fails. I'm not wedded to keeping it as
> > a BDEP. You can remove the astyle lines from cdda's Makefile if you like.
> >

> The build moves on if astyle is missing or too old.  It fails if there is
> an actual style issue.  I would have leaned towards excluding it based on
> reducing dependencies but since astyle doesn't bing in any more deps, I
> left it in for completeness.

The important thing as far as ports goes is whether having this installed
changes the build. If the build works and produces the same thing whether
astyle is installed or not, then it doesn't matter if the dep is listed or
not.

I must say it seems *really* weird to be running a source code formatting
tool during build.

> > Indeed you're right. It's a leftover from my trying something else. The
> > pre-configure routine can be reduced to:
> > pre-configure:
> >          sed -i -e 's,-Os,${CXXFLAGS},g' -e 's,-Werror,,g'
> > ${WRKSRC}/Makefile

I'm not a fan of sed with such a short string. Normally we just use patches.