On 07/27/18 16:33, Alessandro DE LAURENZIS wrote:
Elias, Brian, Stuart,

thanks a lot for your comments.

[...]>>>> Your mail has poor formatting, +80 chars. long on some lines. (?)
I recently switched to Thunderbird (from mutt)... bear with me...

[...]
You need a MAKE_FLAGS line:
MAKE_FLAGS= CC="${CC}" CXX="${CXX}" ABC_MAKE_VERBOSE=1 OPTFLAGS=
to set the compiler correctly, remove an -O flag, and enable verbose
compiling.
Done

There are also some warnings that you should take care of. And please
upstream your patches.
I know; I will report them upstream (I don't know the code enough and I would avoid any modifications if not validated by one of the developers)

All you need for the do-install routine is
${INSTALL_PROGRAM} ${WRKSRC}/abc ${PREFIX}/bin

So much whitespace. You can reel everything in a tab.

The correct WANTLIB line is
WANTLIB += ${COMPILER_LIBCXX} c curses m readline

License marker should just be MIT.
Fixed

[...]
There are some hardcoded /usr/local in the upstream Makefiles as well
which should be replaced with ${LOCALBASE} and use ${SUBST_CMD} on the files.

Even easier, OpenBSD can just be removed from that list, which simplifies patch-Makefile, as abc doesn't use anything that lives in ${LOCALBASE}. Readline in OpenBSD is in base.
Fixed removing OpenBSD from the list of OS identifiers for that part of code.

New tarball attacched.

I think I forgot to mention this in my first email, but this needs NO_TEST=Yes too.

When I run abc -h, it identifies itself as "ABC 1.01" -- should that be the proper name of the PKGNAME? Maybe something like abc-1.01pl20180722 or abc-1.01.20180722? Presuming that upstream will eventually crank the version number higher than 1.01?

~Brian