>>WKLB, which sponsors a country festival at Great Woods each summer (with
>>Nashville headliners) and cosponsors summer events at Indian Ranch in
>>Webster, has no time slot devoted to local music, but ''that's not to
>>say there won't be one in the future,'' says music director Ginny Rogers.
>
>     Well, I'll say it:  No, there won't be one in the future.

Now, now, you can never be too sure.  Our biggest local mainstream country
station - CMA Large Market Station Of The Year WUBE-FM - recently allocated
a hefty 2-hour time slot each week to classic country.  Of course, it's 6-8a
Sunday morning, and "classic" means from the 1980s...

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/