Howdy,

Me: <<"High Sierra" a song that I am incredibly tired of that has become
some sort of required cover tune over the past few years...>>

Jon W.: <<Interesting comment, as I'm not aware of that many versions;
there's Ronstadt's and Chesapeake's, and I seem to remember an Eddie
Adcock-related one, but after that...?>>

Jon is correct on a couple of points.

Known covers to date are the Eddie & Martha Adcock version around 94 or 95,
Linda Ronstadt's 95 release, and Chesapeake around 94/95.

Plus the Big Dogs recording of it was released around 95 and included on a
96 compilation.

My point, I suppose, is that for a while there it felt like that song was
constantly in my CD carousel whether I wanted it there or not. I could have
lived without a Trio rehashing of it for another year or three.

I'm sure it goes in cycles like that. It is a nice song and I'm sure a lot
of folks wanted to cover it. But, I really didn't need four versions of it
in a 30-month span.

Jon is correct, by the way, to admonish those of you who do not own the Big
Dogs disc.

Take care,

Shane Rhyne
Knoxville, TN
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

NPIMH: Shotgun Down the Avalanche, White Freight Liner, High Sierra...