William T. Cocke wrote:

> "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead" is a good overview w/great, wry
> track-by-track liner notes by Zevon himself.

A shame that they chose a live take of "The French Inhaler".  The
original knocks spots off it. Otherwise, it's a compilation that is hard
to fault.

Excitable Boy and Warren Zevon are essential.  As Carl (I think it was)
mentioned, Stand in the Fire is fantastic, and it's criminal that this
has never had a cd reissue.  It's ferocious stuff.  Zevon in his prime
was a complete lunatic on stage.

And on the gun thing, no-one actually got around to mentioning "Roland
the Headless Thompson Gunner".  Just wanted to see that song title in
print, there.

Stevie