On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Geir Nyborg wrote:

> That song always brings out the roar in Norwegigan crowds as Roland is
> "Norways bravest son". My best memory of that song is from a showcase
> for the press at the Munch museum in Oslo around 90. Warren was sitting under
> that giant picture "the Sun" by Munch, playing variatons on themes from Grieg
> among others for five minutes. Themes that part for part took up elements from
> "Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner" before he drifted into that song 100%.

Some years ago I read an article about Zevon at the age of 12 or 13, and
how his music teacher got him an audience with Igor Stravinsky at his home
in So. Cal.

Won't even try to quote it or name the source but it was fascinating.

--
 Geff King * [EMAIL PROTECTED] * http://www2.ari.net/gking/
"Don't let me catch you laughin' when the jukebox cries"