I know we're not supposed to jump the gun on records that aren't out yet
(Hey I got my Summer Teeth yesterday <g>) but I finally got a chance to
spend some time with the upcoming Steve Earle & the Del McCoury Band record
in the past two days and it's fabulous. It's due on February 23, I think,
and contains some of Steve's best songs ever. The most likeable thing about
it, is the looseness of it. The band seems to just set up and play (and we
already know, THEY CAN PLAY) and they seem to be having way too much fun.
Some it reminds me of Steve's early work, though I can't quite put my
finger on why right now. There's also a great duet with Iris Dement that
may be the best track on the disc. Just thought I'd whet yer appetite.Oh
and I kinda missed the "Steve Earle isn't bluegrass" thread from a while
back, so if anyone can remind me of what that was all about I'd appreciate
it. Listening to The Mountain I'd find hard to say he does have at least
some of it in him somewhere.  Sorry if I'm opening an ugly can o worms on
that.<g>
Jim, still really smilin'
NP: Freedy Johnston-Can You Fly?