The weakness of the DeMent/Earle duet, from my perspective (i.e., please
don't yell at me), is that the classic precision of the instrumental work
isn't matched in the duet parts.  I don't know whether that's a result of
not being able to find a key that would work for both singers in the harmony
passages, or whether it simply wasn't a concern for them, but the song is so
classic-sounding, and the twin fiddles are so well-matched that to me, it's
jarring to hear a distinctly non-classic, non-matched approach to the
harmony.  YMMV, no accounting for taste, etc.

*My* favorite track on the album is "Yours Forever Blue."  Like anyone
really cares...

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/