I haven't heard this one yet, Jon--and you know I'm looking forward to it
very much,  as are a lot of us--but to paraphrase  inevitable future
conversations around here, when you say:

> the song is so classic-sounding, and the twin fiddles are so well-matched
>that to me, it's
>jarring to hear a distinctly non-classic, non-matched approach to the
>harmony.  YMMV, no accounting for >taste, etc.

I'd have to say: Right, there's no accounting for mileage...buty

....you and anybody else migh conceivably  benefit by  leaving some room
(someplace) for the possibility that you were SUPPOSED to be jarred.

 Or at least--that something could be gained (and okay, maybe also lost,
your tradeoff may vary) in the course of this jarring--to which I'm very
much looking forward.

 It's the very combination and clash of these two approaches which seems
most provocative about this whole deal before I get to hear it.

Barry M.