> Using that map, Joel Phelps, Richard Buckner, the Waco Brothers, Blue
> Rodeo & Son Volt are not alt.country.

Now just a goddamn minute.  I didn't say that bands that carry steel players
aren't alt.country.  I said that mainstream country acts got 'em and/or
fiddlers, and alt.country acts don't, and followed that with a qualifier -
to wit, that there are exceptions, which y'all are busy listing as though
it's some kind of refutation.  It ain't, especially if the same couple of
bands and steel players keep turning up.

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/