On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, James Nelson  wrote:

> >In my opinion, Richard Thompson is one of the most important
> >and influential artists of the late 70's/80's.  His swansong albums
>with Linda: _I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight_ and _Shoot
>Out the Lights_ are two definite desert island recordings for me.
>
> I don't know how influential he was, but he certainly can write a
> song and play guitar.  For the record, "I Want To See The Bright Lights
> Tonight" was Richard and Linda's first album together.  I got import

Yep.....I was a bit too fast on the send button and added one additional
album to the supposed "swansong" list.  Wel, I suppose looking at all the
folks that hopped onto _Beat the Retreat_, it makes me think he's pretty
respected.  Count me in as a huge Linda fan though.....

Adios......I'll be in LA w/ the Weiss boys part of next week.
I'm not sure which is more dangerous: the Nashville goddess contingent
or the LA boys.

NP: Acoustic Guitar Summit

JC