Our Listmeister says:

>I forgot to mention the upcoming debut album from Damnations TX, Half Mad
>Moon.  Few acts blend rock and twang as effectively as these folks --
>they're equally adept at crunchy pop-rock gems and soulful acoustic twang.
>Most of all, I just love their gorgeous sisterly harmonizing.--don

Yeah. It's not an indie, so I don't know that it meets Some Girl's
criteria, but it's my record of the year, and even though it's only
February, it's hard to imagine anything knocking it out of my top spot. The
Damnations are one of the most truly original bands I've heard in a very
long time, and as Don says, those voices are something special. I just
reviewed the disc for the MoMZine, and I don't want to repeat my whole
review here, but I will say that this is one of the best records to come
out of the current era of alt-country, and I'll recommend that
everyone--well, maybe not Jon W. <g>--pick it up when it's released in a
week or so.

--Amy

"Ain't no use in hanging around/Emptiness swallows its own path/I watch my
weakness go down easy/And I pray it won't last..." (The Damnations TX)