... this is one of the best records to come
>out of the current era of alt-country, and I'll recommend that
>everyone--well, maybe not Jon W. <g>--pick it up when it's released in a
>week or so.
>
>--Amy

All true; it's something original and potent and it works...and they're
even better live...and I'm still glad I knocked around Austin used CD bins
enough last year to get hold of one of those 1000 "Live Set" discs
to..Let's hope that the impact of thi disc will lead to a release of that
one too...BTW--these girls (and the other person) can sing and play so well
that I wouldn't rule out Jon liking this one!  I suggested at one point
awhile back that these sisters were the "anti-Freakwater", and if that's
not entirely fair  to either band since there's at least a little
similarity of intention-- but with all that soul, brains,  ability to hit
notes and play instruments at the same time-- The Damnations will actually
be the center of a band some have thought Freakwater was.  They should be
big. They should break out.
 We'll see, won't we! Now how are you supposed to say "The Damnations TX"
(like they do those bands that have to add UK at the end?) and why wasn't
it just The Texas Damnations??

Barry