Jerry Curry wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, "Doug Young aka \"The Iceman\"" wrote:
>
> > third, Walter Clevenger & the Dairy Kings' Love Songs to Myself, has a
> > Buddy Holly feel to it, at least for me.  I'm sure all three will be
>
> I've recently heard this CD and I'll go on record as saying it's
> a definite keeper.  I loved his first record (The Man With X-Ray Eyes),
> however, this one is even stronger.  Out in March on Permanent Press.
> Way to go Walter.....sorry I missed you last night @ Poptopia.  Um, he
> used to be on P2 and he may still be lurking about.

Well I haven't heard this CD but I'm certainly looking forward to it, along
with the lots and lots of new releases slated for the next few weeks.
There's been nothing but good buzz on the record in pop-geek circles and
those people can be as fractious as P2.<g> Do you know anything about the
talk that WC is working with the Beatifics?Might have known you were gonna
catch the tail-end of Poptopia Jerry. So how was it?

"The year the music died." Heh.
Here's a list of upcoming releases *I'm* gonna want to check out:

Feb 9: Built to Spill Keep It Like a Secret
Stacey Earle  Simple Gearle
Gigolo Aunts Minor Chords and Major Themes
Sparklehorse Good Morning Spider
The Del McCoury Band  The Family
Elvis Presley Sunrise

Feb 16: The Damnations TX Half Mad Moon
Of Montreal The Gay Parade

Feb 23: Cockeyed Ghost The Scapegoat Factory
Steve Earle and the Del McCoury Band The Mountain
Jason Falkner  Can You Still Feel?
Imperial Teen What Is Not to Love
Poole Among Whom We Shine
Sebadoh The Sebadoh
Tobin Sprout  Let's Welcome the Circus People
Kelly Willis What I Deserve
XTC Apple Venus (Volume One)
The Waco Brothers  Waco World

March 2: Johnny Cash The Man in Black (two CDs) Any body got any info on
content?
George Strait  Always Never the Same

March 9:Walter Clevenger & The Dairy Kings Love Songs to Myself (w/Kim
  Shattuck of The Muffs, The Rooks' Michael Mazzarella and former"Brady
  Bunch" actor Robbie Rist guesting)
Joe Henry Fuse
Beth Orton Central Reservation
Wilco Summer Teeth
Monte Warden  A Stranger to Me Now

March 16: Tom Russell The Man from God Knows Where
Ronnie Dawson  More Bad Habits
Terry Allen  Salivation

March 23: Big Sandy & His Fly-Rite Boys Radio Favorites (6-song EP)
Frank Black and the Catholics Pistolero
Gladhands Wow and Flutter
Jon Dee Graham  Summerland
Bill Lloyd Standing on the Shoulders of Giant (!!!!!!!!!)
The Revelers Day In, Day Out
Willie Nelson  Old Friends (with Roger Miller)/Funny How Time Slips
  Away (with Faron Young; two-fer)

1999- The year I went bankrupt. <g>

b.s.
n.p. Lone Justice THIS WORLD IS NOT MY HOME