Jim writes, RE: a timeline

>I agree. Now how do *WE* get this thing thing off the ground? I've got a
>project in mind that I'd like to use this very valuable tool for and I
>can't wait too long to get started. Of SXSW is getting in the way. sheesh

I'll tell you what I want to do here. Did, uh, somebody mention a book? 8-)
That's what I want to do. In the meantime, I want to do a website. That's
more manageable, right? (Yeah, right. Do I hear some smart-aleck saying
"WRONG!"?)

The way WE get it off the ground is we send entries to this address:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The person there will collate them and put them on the website.

I have some entries from P2ers (thank yew Steve Gardner) from the last time
we talked about this, and I've collected a few more in odd moments. But at
this point, what I have is pitiful.

This is the format I had in mind:

YEAR
        Births
        Deaths

        Notable Releases (could be hyperlinked to a list of selected releases by
year)

        Events

If this does get off the ground, can someone advise me on how writers who
contribute entries to an encyclopedia or reference book are renumerated for
their efforts? I know some of have "real" jobs in this area, and others
have contributed to music reference books. Off-list, thanks!

Jim -- is there any particular area or time you need info about? Because if
so, maybe we could start with a focus on that, to help you along with your
project (just a general hint would suffice, if you want to keep it secret
<g>).

>I (heart) Cheryl Cline.
>JC

*Blush*. Aw, garsh.