In a message dated 2/23/99 12:56:55 PM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< Maybe the wonderful display of Irish ,
 Norwegian, and Cowboyish folk tunes aint twangy enough for y'all, but I'm
 enthralled.

 But I guess everyone's into disposable music that can prick up your ears
 at a moment's notice and then be thrown away until the next record with a
 good riff comes out. >>

I think it's a great album. I would suggest listening a couple of times and
reading the extensive notes Russell includes. Projects like this are labors of
love, and I bet everyone on the list would agree that a talent like Russell
deserves more than a cursory spinthrough.

I disagree with the above comment that "everyone's" into disposable music,
especially on P2. That's a bit rude and an overgeneralization  to say the
least.

On an unrelated note, I just saw Kelly Willis do an instore at Waterloo, and
whoever was playing lead with her was weak. Also, her guitar was out of tune
the whole time. Almost distracted me from looking at her.

Slim
np The Iguanas - "Sugar Town"