You know, I'm not really defending Shania, but did you ever stop to think
that maybe she actually wants to be a pop artist or maybe - GASP! - wants to
try to be both? Is there any law that prohibits an artist from trying to
expand their musical sound? Sure, she's annoying, but it's equally annoying
when people around here fault her for "not playing real country." Show me in
the music rulebook where it says an artist must always and only play one
brand of music and stay devoted to it for a lifetime. How come nobody's
faulting the P2 worshipped Wilco for abandoning the country sound? If they
were as popular and sold as many records as Twain, you probably
would.......(perhaps a bad comparison, but you get the point)

As far as the outfits - who cares and big deal? I thought the P2'ers were
open minded enough to not judge people based on what they wear. If she had
worn a cowboy hat and boots, you all probably would have been all over that
in a negative way, too. I can't stand her music. But geez, give it a rest.