> Having said that, and taking note that the fiddle players in the band
> do, in
> fact, play their instruments (I've had two separate reports of at
> least one
> of them contacting people who played fiddle on the recordings in order
> get some pointers on specific passages), it looks to me as though
> Twain is
> moving in the direction of crossing over permanently.

        [Matt Benz]  Hmmm. I was thinking that wasn't even her actual
band behind her -mostly cos the outfits made em look more like something
the Grammy design folks woulda come up with-and therefore, the fiddle
players were just role playing. They sure didn't seem to be playing in
close ups, especially while singing: I swear the one was faking it. The
whole thing was such a jaw dropping spectacle of bad taste...She's
leaving country on a jet plane.

        Gill was great, and stuck me as the most honest and real
performance of the ones I saw (I didn't see  Lauryn Hill). Nice suit,
too.  Did anyone catch Yearwood's expression when he accepted the Grammy
and made that Garth joke?

        Clapton was embarrassing, and are we sure he and BB even
rehearsed? That was a pretty lamo blues performance all around.

        That whole gospel based all star tune -which I've never heard -
was badly done, and somewhat of a boring arrangement. I was actually
remembering We Are The World fondly. Tho surprising, Bono wasn't the
lone offender: who was the blonde weasely looking singer? She could
*not* sing, and had no business being among those gospel singers on
stage.

        Brian Setzer and the Dixie Chicks would of been the most awkward
presenters if not for Billy Corgan and the woman from Garbage.

        Rosie O'Donnell's fame continues to amaze me. As a comedian, she
makes a  great talk show host. She made a Spice Girls joke, for gawd's
sake.

        I like how CBS made sure that their network stars were in the
audience and on camera.