> >My favorite Kubrick movie is "The Killing," a film noir from the late
> >50s, I think (pre-Lolita anyhow).  The dialogue was written by Jim
> >Thompson.  It's hilarious.  The heaviness of the later films would let
> >you forget that Kubrick had a hell of a sense of humor once.

> Hmmmm . . . I wonder if Tarantino ever watched this one while trying to get
> ideas for Reservoir Dogs? : )

"The Killing" is definitely a classic -- of late period film noir and
of the entire "heist" genre. Many elements of Tarantino's RD can be
traced to Kubrik's heist film, but RD is definitely not the only thief
in that regard!!!

RIP Stanley!

Np Also Sprach Zarathustra ...
Robert A. Russell
Director, Writing and Communication Center
East Tennessee State University
Box 70602
Johnson City, TN  37614
Phone:  (423) 439-8438
Fax: (423) 439-8666
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.etsu.edu/wcc

"Objective evidence and certitude are doubtless very fine ideals to play with
but where on this moonlit and dream-visited planet are they found?"

-- William James, 1842-1910, "The Will to Believe"