Btw, Jon, I must confess I'm hearing more and more
mainstream Nashville cuts that strike me as good, respectable stuff
these days.  Maybe there *is* a trend....  Yesterday , for
ex., I heard that Trisha song, "Powerful Thing" (or whatever the
title is) and thought it was an entirely enjoyable sort of pop-twang
number, nice fiddle line, etc.  Better than a lot of what I've heard
in recent times....

Don't really care for that Trisha song, but have you heard the new Loveless?
"Can't Get Enough" even sports a similarity to Twain's "If You're Not In It
For Love(I'm Outta Here)" with that break in the chorus. The video is a bit
more suggestive than anything Loveless has put out to date.
Tera