At 2:46 AM -0500  on 3/25/99, Bob Burns/Big In Iowa wrote:

>Bob,
>        Well, I said I wasn't going to break down Wilco's new record
>piece by piece. Obviously you didn't feel the same way about my message.

Bob,

It was late and I couldn't sleep. But hey, y'gotta watch out with that
polka stuff. Seriously, I should have thrown a couple of <g>s in there,
but hey, it was late and I couldn't sleep.

I do think that there's a few threads in it -- particularly seeing if
there's a consensus on how far bands can veer from their "original"
sound and still retain their fan base but for one thing, I've never
liked Wilco, so I wouldn't be much use in that thread, and also, these
days we'd probably hear this snarl that it's off-topic.

But I'm sure not saying you're wrong. I just mean that, as much as your
viewpoint is a corrective to detractors like me, the flip side's also
true.

Bob