Oh, yeah, almost forgot...

I've never bought a bootleg, nor do I solicit trades.  I do have about two
dozen tapes of live shows (I'm the guy Bob referred to in his post in this
thread yesterday) by a half-dozen different artists, all but one of whom
were the original, and in most cases the immediate, sources for the tapes -
and I know because I've asked 'em; in most cases, they were given to me
directly to illustrate some point or other we were discussing (example: I
was talking with a member of Band A about a number written by a member but
never recorded by them, that was recorded by Band B; he gave me a tape of a
Band A show that had their version, so that I could check out differences in
arrangements and solos).  I have also, on a handful of occasions, made
copies of a couple of these tapes for individuals I think I know and I
trust.  That's not a 100% reliable control, but it sure beats posting lists
of stuff for trade with all and sundry.  Like Nancy said yesterday, you have
to draw the line somewhere, and that's where I draw it - and recent trade
solicitations on this list from folks who pop up out of nowhere don't make
me feel like it's a bad place to do so.

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/