> No artists already signed to MCA were terminated.
>
> and
>
> > No MCA artists were let go. The MCA roster includes George Strait, Vince
> > Gill, Reba McEntire and Trisha Yearwood. MCA let six employees go,
> > according to a source with close ties to the company.
>
> Wasn't MCA's purge last summer? I remember Joe Ely and a few others were
> released just before he played here in August.

The only other one I recall being named, and that wasn't at exactly the same
time, was George Jones; someone posted an article from an Austin
publication, I believe, that mentioned Ely and Jones and not anyone else
that I can remember - and, as we all recall, Jones wasn't exactly dropped.

Of course, that still makes MCA's purge right now; six people, eh?

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/