> Newly returned Greg Harness asks:
>

> >2. What's the official P2 take on the Freight Hoppers?

Well there is nothing in the P2 FAQ <g> but I happen to LOVE the Freight
Hoppers and I think that they are probably the most exciting and
accessible Old Time String Band playing (and if you believe Mike Cutler of
Elderly Instruments EVER).

Few bands can hold up to the legecy of the turn of the century and
early/mid 20th century string bands . . . but I think that the FH's do a
contemporary spin while preserving the legecy of the Old Time Chops and
with the energy that their lives depend on it (and from my experience
their lives DO depend on it!).

-jim