I have friends, including my 30 years-worth best one, who were in Boston in
the late sixties to very early seventies and saw and heard the BEFORE the
first LP band, when they were called  "The J. Geils Quartet" I believe, and
I'm told they were even cooler... There used to be a poster at my friend's
house of this "Quartet" opening for the 1969-Clarence style  Byrds at the
Boston Tea Party, I think...
It wasn't much after that I was playing those memorable first LPs onn the
radio...And I'll admit to likin 'em right up through the Love
Stinks/Centerfold period...But yeha, those first blooz records were tops.

Barry