At 11:41 AM +0000  on 4/9/99, Ph. Barnard wrote:

>Interesting how lots of people chime in with Peter Wolf memories....
>That Cobo Arena show sounds great <g>.
>
>I've always heard stories about what a marvelous and
>influential DJ Wolf was in his early Boston period, but I was in
>NY and Philly then and never caught any of this.  My own teenage
>memories of being blown away by the band in that early seventies
>period begin when I saw them once just before the first album came
>out, then as often as humanly possible for the next couple of years!
>Wolf was really the shit in that particular moment.  I recall a show
>when he was all in black with silver boots, just kind of a silver
>flash zipping back and forth across the stage and whipping the
>audience into a frenzy.  Whew!!  The music was truly amazing and they
>were both overwhelming and funny without being a parody....

I didn't see Wolf in those days, but in the last decade or so he became
quite the fixture at high-profile shows at small clubs, often hanging
near the stage hoping to be invited up. Only time I remember him making
it was a Club 47 reunion at Johnny D's; he never performed at the club
but hung out at it and occasionally helped out. Still qualified for a
couple of songs, though.

Bob