At 02:33 PM 4/13/99 -0400, you wrote:

>>Ha, that's funny I had a similar on-going conversation with my eldest
>brother
>>about the Jam and the Clash, although this debate was over which band was
>>better. I sided with the Jam, although I eventually saw the error of my
ways.

>Hey, at least you can now admit to it...<g>  I once thought that Prefab
>Sprout would become an important band...  Wha?  But, I've got to gush
>here...  Joe Strummer!!!  Need I say more?

I'll grudgingly admit a warm affection for Prefab Sprout. The guy who
managed the record store I worked at -- same guy who proclaimed that Roddy
Frame had written more great songs than Lennon and McCartney after the
first Aztec Camera album came out -- popped on Steve Mc I was taken by the
hooks and the warmth of Paddy McLoon's voice. He also turned me on to
Scritti Politti and the Blueberries (?) who did Cath.

Jeff

Miles of Music mail order
http://www.milesofmusic.com
FREE printed Catalog: (818) 883-9975 fax: (818) 992-8302, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Alt-Country, rockabilly, bluegrass, folk, power pop and tons more.