Don Yates writes:

>Listening to that lame shit could almost make one appreciate
>Vanilla Ice.<g>

     Who reportedly sold out the Middle East in Cambridge the other
evening (no small task) with his new Rage Against the Machine ripoff
schtick.  It takes a lot to make me question my faith in God, but this
just about does it.
     Oh yeah.  I gave "London Calling" a listen a few weeks back for the
first time in probably four or five years.  Still works for me, except
for a couple of tracks like "Lovers Rock."  But it's hard to be objective
about that record, which, like Elvis Costello's "Armed Forces" and Cheap
Trick's "Heaven Tonight," is kind of an aural scrapbook of my life during
that period.  As infrequently as I listen to some of those records, every
time I put one of them on I remember little things about that period that
I'd never have otherwise thought of.  There aren't many records that do
that to me.
                                --Jon Johnson
                                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                   Wollaston, Massachusetts