> I wonder if Jon could provide a list of records that have made the country
> music charts, singles, albums, whatever, that have not come from Nashville
> based labels in the past, let's say 5 years.

I don't need to.  All I need to do is ask if Jim seriously thinks that if
the same album were released by, say, Asylum Nashville, which put out
Barnett's first album - co-produced by the head of the label, BTW - it would
be doing any better at country radio (which isn't based in Nashville).  If
the answer is no, then obviously the issuing label, not to mention it's
location, isn't the main problem; if the answer is yes, I've got some great
oceanfront property in Arizona I need to talk to him about.

Jon Weisberger, Kenton County, KY  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger