Christopher Adams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I recently started listening to KUT on the web from Austin. I
> started with Mark Rubin's "Overnight" show, though it comes on a bit
> late. Then I discovered Tom Pittman (I believe he is with the Austin
> Lounge Lizards) hosting live shows on the LiveSet show. This week,
> Sunday April 25th from 8-9 CST, he will host Jon Emery.

Actually, any KUT DJ can host Live Set.  They sort of rotate.
Overnight DJ Jeff Johnston asked the Barkers to do a Live Set on May
30, which we're pretty excited about.

Another show to listen to is Folkways, on Saturday morning.  Lots of
live local and touring music, and despite the name it's not all folky.
There are several DJs who take turns, and they range from Celtic to
folky to more bluegrassy in their tastes.

Also, KUT carries This American Life on Saturday afternoon, which is
my favorite NPR program, and not too many NPR affiliates seem to carry
it.

Bill Gribble
Barkers mp3's at http://www.mp3.com/thebarkers