I'm about to buy a car stereo -- my first one, and I don't know anything
about them.  Can anyone recommend good brands or brands to stay away
from?  I just want a single disc player in my car, nothing in the trunk,
I'm too lazy for that (and I use my trunk for storage anyway).  Some of
the names I've seen in the store are Alpine, Kenwood, Sony, Pioneer and
JVC.  It doesn't have to be great, my car is pretty noisy so I'm not
expecting a mind-altering auditory experience.  Also, is it important to
have a detachable face?  (Someone told me, "All my friends have
detachable faces", which sounded kind of weird to me).

Offlist replies are appreciated.

Linda
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]