>Will the new and improved NYC contingent be at the Damnations/Elena Skye
>show next Sunday at Maxwell's? Hope so, 'cause I'm making the trek up
>from Philly and it'd be nice to see some of you folks pre-TFest.

I'll be there, you betcha. (Oh, sorry, thought I was still in Minnesota for
a second there.) I don't know that I'm going to make it to the Damnations'
Mercury Lounge show the preceding Monday; they are my favorite new band but
sheesh, Monday night shows...But I will be at the Maxwell's show no matter
what.
>As far as I understand it, there aren't advance tix for that one.

That appears to be correct, and I'd recommend getting there early. I doubt
that Maxwell's will actually sell out, but the Damnations are a "buzz
band," so you never know. And besides, everyone should get there early to
see Ms. Skye & Co. I know I'm looking forward to finally getting to see
them.

I'll second Barry's sentiments about the newly thriving NYC P2 contingent
and note that I too was delighted to meet Nina, Micah, and (briefly) Jason,
especially since I left without having the chance to mention this to them
in person. I had to get my husband home, since as I was sure he would be,
he was falling asleep at a table in the bar--though he assured me that he
had only been napping for a minute and that he had seen and enjoyed the
entire show until the encore. He agreed with me that Ms. Willis was as
captivating and charming a performer as I had figured she would be. There
were a few stumbles, and on the other hand a couple of moments of excessive
slickness, but overall, it was an excellent show. And Mr. Kelly Willis did
a pretty gosh-darn captivating opening set  himself.

--Amy

np: Real: The Tom T. Hall Tribute. I haven't been able to get Kelly
Willis's version of "That's How I Got to Memphis" out of my head since
hearing her do it beautifully on Saturday night.