On Wed, Jun 15, 2022 at 04:22:11PM +0000, Hamid Maadani wrote:

> I have developed a MongoDB module for postfix. Given that
> mongo-c-driver has gone mainstream on most linux distributions, I
> personally think this would be a good addition to postfix, allowing
> users to use MongoDB as a backend database. I am currently using it on
> the same server sending this email from.  You can review the code here
> : https://github.com/21stcaveman/postfix/tree/mongodb
> (https://github.com/21stcaveman/postfix/tree/mongodb)

How does it handle multi-row result sets?  The expectation with other
Postfix databases is that the results will be combined with
comma-separators.  I don't see where that logic is in the code...

Can you explain:

https://github.com/vdukhovni/postfix/compare/master...21stcaveman:mongodb#diff-4b022a4dceb7c17dc27bd501f3e5563bf43bc485b631c060075444e986ca673dR166

And returning no rows is definitely normal and expected, and you should
then (as you do) return a NULL result.

On Wed, Jun 15, 2022 at 03:17:00PM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:

> Hopefully your code supports the "common" dictionary features (comon
> for LDAP, *SQL*). I recall working on a contributed driver that did
> not do that; it would be difficult for me to add that code and test
> it, because I do not have every possible databse.

It does appear to the db_common parser infrastructure:

https://github.com/vdukhovni/postfix/compare/master...21stcaveman:mongodb#diff-4b022a4dceb7c17dc27bd501f3e5563bf43bc485b631c060075444e986ca673dR112-R124

--
    Viktor.