On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 9:46 AM, Tony Holmes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I want the From address to be set to something like [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> A mail sent to this address will cause no error, but nobody will
>> read those emails.
>
> That is a very very bad idea and the best way to have your server added to
> many RBLs.

<snip>

I'm afraid I don't see how sending mail with an unmonitored return
address (i.e., accepted and delivered locally to /dev/null) will get
you on an RBL. I get mail of that type from big companies all the
time. They usually have something in the message that explains that
you should not reply and that replies will not be read. Could someone
expand on the RBL comment?

We have reason to do this for messages that provide automated
information but are not intended to start a dialogue with the
customer. Why is this wrong? It seems to be a rather common practice.

--
Jeff