Hi all,

I have set up Postfix 2.5.4 with TLS, Cyrus SASL and LDAP lookups for users.

I tested it with openssl s_client command on ports 25, 465 and 587 and
everything works (authentication and test emails). I use self signed CA
certificates.

I also tested sending mail on gmail, yahoo and other providers and it works,
but when I reply back, nothing happens: no error in the logs, no
mailer-daemon back to gmail or yahoo saying something is wrong.

My IP is dynamic and I have set up a dynamic DNS for my test domain,
test.lexarrow.com, with A and MX records for mail.test.lexarrow.com. I
checked DNS settings with dig MX and dig A commands (they turn out ok) and
with dnsstuff.com (everything turns out ok except the "Mail" section.

After almost 60 hrs of digging I am running out of ideas. Please help.

My podtfinger output is:

*--System Parameters--*
mail_version = 2.5.4
hostname = localhost
uname = Linux localhost 2.6.24-19-generic #1 SMP Wed Aug 20 22:56:21 UTC
2008 i686 GNU/Linux

*--Packaging information--*

*--main.cf non-default parameters--*
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
cyrus_sasl_config_path = /opt/sasl/etc
debug_peer_level = 90
debug_peer_list = test.lexarrow.com
local_recipient_maps =
mail_spool_directory = /var/spool/postfix
mydomain = test.lexarrow.com
myhostname = mail.test.lexarrow.com
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 127.0.1.1 10.0.0.1
mynetworks_style = host
myorigin = $mydomain
relayhost = smtp.rdslink.ro
smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name ($mail_version) (Ubuntu Linux)
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = yes
smtpd_sasl_local_domain = #this must be empty
smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/postfix/ssl/pcacert.pem
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/ssl/pservercrt.pem
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/postfix/ssl/pserverkey.pem
smtpd_tls_loglevel = 3
smtpd_tls_received_header = yes
smtpd_tls_security_level = encrypt
smtpd_use_tls = yes
smtp_sasl_password_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-aliases.cf
smtp_tls_note_starttls_offer = yes
smtp_use_tls = yes
soft_bounce = yes
virtual_alias_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-aliases.cf
virtual_gid_maps = static:1004
virtual_mailbox_base = /home/vmail
virtual_mailbox_domains = $mydomain
virtual_mailbox_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-mailboxes.cf
virtual_minimum_uid = 1000
virtual_uid_maps = static:1003

*--master.cf--*
25      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd -v
587 inet n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
   -o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt
   -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
   -o
smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject_unauth_destination,permit_mynetworks,reject
smtps     inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
   -o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt
   -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
pickup    fifo  n       -       n       60      1       pickup
cleanup   unix  n       -       n       -       0       cleanup -v
qmgr      fifo  n       -       n       300     1       qmgr
tlsmgr    unix  -       -       n       1000?   1       tlsmgr
rewrite   unix  -       -       n       -       -       trivial-rewrite
bounce    unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
defer     unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
trace     unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
verify    unix  -       -       n       -       1       verify
flush     unix  n       -       n       1000?   0       flush
proxymap  unix  -       -       n       -       -       proxymap
proxywrite unix -       -       n       -       1       proxymap
smtp      unix  -       -       n       -       -       smtp
relay     unix  -       -       n       -       -       smtpd
    -o smtp_fallback_relay=
showq     unix  n       -       n       -       -       showq
error     unix  -       -       n       -       -       error
retry     unix  -       -       n       -       -       error
discard   unix  -       -       n       -       -       discard
local     unix  -       n       n       -       -       local
virtual   unix  -       n       n       -       -       virtual
lmtp      unix  -       -       n       -       -       lmtp
anvil     unix  -       -       n       -       1       anvil
scache    unix  -       -       n       -       1       scache
*
-- end of postfinger output --*

*dig result*

dig mx test.lexarrow.com

; <<>> DiG 9.4.2-P1 <<>> mx test.lexarrow.com
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;test.lexarrow.com.        IN    MX

;; ANSWER SECTION:
test.lexarrow.com.    3600    IN    MX    10 mail.test.lexarrow.com.

;; Query time: 186 msec
;; SERVER: 10.0.0.1#53(10.0.0.1)
;; WHEN: Tue Sep  9 03:16:01 2008
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 56