On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 03:20:32AM +0300, Alex Bernea wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have set up Postfix 2.5.4 with TLS, Cyrus SASL and LDAP lookups for users.
>
> I tested it with openssl s_client command on ports 25, 465 and 587 and
> everything works (authentication and test emails). I use self signed CA
> certificates.
>
> I also tested sending mail on gmail, yahoo and other providers and it works,
> but when I reply back, nothing happens: no error in the logs, no
> mailer-daemon back to gmail or yahoo saying something is wrong.
>
> My IP is dynamic and I have set up a dynamic DNS for my test domain,
> test.lexarrow.com, with A and MX records for mail.test.lexarrow.com. I
> checked DNS settings with dig MX and dig A commands (they turn out ok) and
> with dnsstuff.com (everything turns out ok except the "Mail" section.

You might want to permit port 25 through your firewall.

    $ dig +noall +ans +add -t mx test.lexarrow.com
    test.lexarrow.com.      3570    IN      MX      10 mail.test.lexarrow.com.
    mail.test.lexarrow.com. 30      IN      A       79.116.195.248

    $ telnet 79.116.195.248 25
    Trying 79.116.195.248...
    <hangs>

--