On 9/23/08 3:28 PM, "mouss" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sterling J. Anderson wrote:
>> I'm trying to figure out how to have certain messages not get relayed on one
>> of my servers.
>>
>> Right now I have a server setup as a gateway, and another server setup that
>> is going to handle mailman mailing lists. When mail comes in to the gateway
>> for [EMAIL PROTECTED] I am using virtual_alias_maps to redirect that message
>> to [EMAIL PROTECTED] The problem is, since mailmain.domain.com has a
>> relay_host of the gateway machine the messages just hop backa and forth.
>>

> The postfix that serves on mailman.domain.com should know that it is
> responsible of this domain and not use the relay host.

Is it possible the masquerade_domains is confusing things?

> if this isn't clear, post the output of 'postconf -n' of the postfix
> that runs on mailman.domain.com. and show what you did to pass mail to
> mailman.

alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
command_directory = /usr/sbin
config_directory = /etc/postfix
daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix
debug_peer_level = 2
html_directory = no
inet_interfaces = all
mail_owner = postfix
mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq.postfix
manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
masquerade_domains = help.pediatrics.wisc.edu mailman.pediatrics.wisc.edu
pediatrics.wisc.edu
masquerade_exceptions = root
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, help.$mydomain,
mailman.$mydomain, localhost
mydomain = pediatrics.wisc.edu
myhostname = linuxapps.pediatrics.wisc.edu
mynetworks = 144.92.221.80
myorigin = $mydomain
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.3.3/README_FILES
recipient_delimiter = +
relayhost = 144.92.221.80
setgid_group = postdrop
smtp_generic_maps = regexp:/etc/mailman/generic.regexp
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550
virtual_alias_maps =
hash:$config_directory/virtual,hash:/etc/mailman/virtual-mailman

--
Sterling Anderson
Department of Pediatrics