On 3-Dec-2008, at 15:44, DJ Lucas wrote:
LuKreme wrote:
On 2-Dec-2008, at 20:21, DJ Lucas wrote:
I can find absolutely no reason to inadvertently mislead, or worse,
intentionally deceive the recipient by forging the envelope sender's
address.  In fact, the only reason I can see, is
to intentionally deceive the recipient.  Is there any other reason?

Sure there is.

No there isn't. AFAIK, unless I'm misunderstanding something, the rest
of your message simply puts what I said above in different terms and
agrees entirely.  **my mom** was in the From header...nowhere else.
The From header can be changed up to say that it came from somebody
else.  I don't care about that.  The check in question is in the smtp
transaction, not the data.

Ah, I thought you were complaining about mismatches in the From_ and the From:

<rereading>

Yes, we agree entirely.

--
Dinosaurs are attacking! Throw a barrel!