--- In post...@yahoogroups.com, Brian Evans - Postfix List <grkni...@...> wrote:

> jweinbergerhj wrote:
> >>
> >> mysql is a map type not a transport.
> >> It cannot be set in relay_transport.
> >> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#relay_transport
> >>
> >> Brian
> >>

> > Brian, thanks!
> >
> > This does seem so obvious...but there are a few docs out there that show
> > transport
maps
> > (and I use the transport_maps directive with a mysql table as you see)
> >
> > I assume the same applies to virtual_transport?
> >

> transport_maps accepts map definitions.
> mumble_transport accepts transport definitions that exist in master.cf.
>
> > and that both are over-ridden by my transport_maps directive?
> >

> This is correct. transport_maps are global and take precedence over
> defaults.
>
> Brian

Brian - Thank you again!!

I"m not completely sure what you mean by:

> transport_maps accepts map definitions.
> mumble_transport accepts transport definitions that exist in master.cf.

My understanding is that transport_maps is a table of the form:

domain.tld    transport:nexthop

that tells postfix to send mail for domain.tld (or whatever is specified there)
using a
transport called 'transport' which is defined in master.cf - it works for me
that way

I don't know what mumble_transport is...I looked for that parameter and could
not find it.
It's not listed in ttp://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html - can you explain what
you mean
by "accepts transport definitions that exist in master.cf" and/or point me to
some
reference material on mumble_transport?

Thank you!!